Posted by Michael David on June 8, 2013
University of Colorado Cancer Center
University of Colorado Denver
Dan Theodorescu, M.D., Ph.D.
13001 E. 17th Place
Mail Stop F434
Aurora, Colorado 80045
Tel: (303) 724-7135
Fax: (303) 724-3162
Information on the University of Colorado Cancer Center
The University of Colorado Cancer Center (UCCC) is the only NCI–designated comprehensive cancer center in the Rocky Mountain region—an area with a population of approximately eight million people. The goals are to reduce the cancer burden by: 1) conducting coordinated and interdisciplinary basic, clinical, translation, prevention and control, population, and educational research, 2) providing citizens of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region with state–of–the–art programs in cancer research, therapy, early detection, prevention and control, and 3) providing cancer education at all levels from students to the public sector. The UCCC is a “matrix” cancer center within the University of Colorado Denver, and hosts members from the University of Colorado Boulder campus, National Jewish Health, and the Colorado State University.
The UCCC is part of a world–class biomedical campus at Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colo. Patients are treated at the Anschutz Cancer Pavilion, which is across the street from the Research Towers, where cnacer–related basic science research is conducted. The proximity promotes collaboration among basic and clinical scientists, fostering the development of world–class translational reseach. In addition, the Anschutz Medical Campus includes the University of Colorado Hospital’s Anschutz Inpatient and Outpatient Pavilions, UCDenver’s schools of medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, graduate school, and public health, The Children’s Hospital, and the Veterans Administration Hospital.
We Specialize in Leading Cancer Care for Adults
At the CU Cancer Center, you will find options for diagnosis, treatment and support – both during and after care – not available anywhere else in Colorado. We are committed to providing world-class care and service for our patients.
- Our doctors are highly trained in the treatment of specific cancer types using the latest technology and therapies.
- We provide a multidisciplinary team approach to care. That means we make it easy for you to access multidisciplinary clinical teams, including surgeons, oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, nurses, social workers, geneticists and counselors at one location and in one visit.
- Our experts are known for excellence in cancer diagnosis and staging – the first steps for getting proper cancer care.
- Our cancer outcomesfor many types of cancer exceed state averages
- OurRadiation Therapy Clinicis home to some of the nation’s most respected experts in radiation treatment for cancer.
- We offer more cancer research studies than any other cancer center in the region. It’s just one benefit of being an part of the elite NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center group.
- We believe that cancer survivorship begins the day you are diagnosed. We are dedicated to supporting you on your cancer journey and beyond through our exclusive membership in the Lance Armstrong Foundation LIVESTRONG Centers of Excellence Network and our robust Monfort Cancer Resource Center.
Making an appointment
*Source: National Cancer Institute