Tofu scramble on avocado toast is a great way to start the day! A balance of healthy fats, carbohydrates, and protein that’s totally satisfying and absolutely delicious.
While chowing down on this tasty breakfast, read-up on the benefits of including whole soy foods in your diet!
- 1 cup onions, diced
- ½-1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½-1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1, 14-16 oz package firm or extra firm organic tofu
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (add more to taste)
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1 avocado
- 3-6 slices whole grain bread
Follow us for health and recipe tips
- Wash and chop the veggies. Sauté the onions until translucent. Add in the broccoli and tomatoes. Cook until desired texture. Set aside in a bowl.
- Lay out a towel on a cutting board or plate. Place the tofu in the middle of the towel and cover the tofu completely. Using your hands, press down on the tofu to squeeze-out excess water.
- Place the tofu into the pan. Cook on medium-heat. Crumble the tofu using a wooden spoon and allow the tofu to lightly brown.
- Once the tofu has started to brown, add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Add more spices as needed.
- Mix in the vegetables and remove from the heat.
- Toast the bread. Top with sliced avocado, and the tofu scramble. Serve with a side of fresh fruit.