Pesto can be quick and easy to make without even having to use a blender! The crunchy texture of this pesto is sure to jazz- up your normal pasta routine. Pair it with lentil or bean pasta noodles to get more protein than regular or whole wheat noodles; a perfect option for people looking to eat more plant-based meal and incorporate more beans into their diet.
- 10 large basil leaves or ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped (can use any nuts)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz dry whole-grain, lentil, or bean noodles
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1/16 tsp salt (to taste)
Follow us for health and recipe tips
- Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Drain and set aside.
- Toast the nuts (unless already using toasted nuts) in a large dry, non-stick pan. Heat pan on medium-high and add nuts, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes until lightly golden and you can smell the aroma of the nuts. Set aside in bowl.
- Chop basil and garlic and place in bowl, add oil and pepper and salt. Stir well and add over cooked pasta.
- Serve with sautéed vegetables or a big leafy green salad. Enjoy!
Option to add cashew cream to this to make it extra creamy!